DU SKAL VÆRE LOGGET IND, FOR AT INTERAGERE PÅ DENNE SIDE

Business name similar to another business

Side 1 ud af 1 (2 indlæg)
Tilmeldt 30. Apr 14
Indlæg ialt: 1
Skrevet kl. 16:04
Hvor mange stjerner giver du? :

Hi

I have a question regarding company name.

Is it legal to choose a company name, that already exists just by adding a word to it? Finally came up with a name idea but as it happens, the name is already taken. For example, if there is a company called Dell, can I call my company ''Dell and more''.

Need to mention, that existing company is very small and does not have many customers. The company works with a graphical design but I want to provide health care service. If I choose this name, then our websites will be nearly identical.

Can they demand I stop using their name?

Thank you in advance!

Fra KBH
Tilmeldt 9. Apr 12
Indlæg ialt: 1592
Skrevet kl. 16:24
Hvor mange stjerner giver du? :

It really depends on plenty of things, and it's not enough to base it on that the company is small and not have many customers.

As far as i know there's at least those three things that can make the answer a "no!"

First you can try to search if the name is a registret trademark (Varemærke) at http://onlineweb.dkpto.dk/pvsonline/varemaerke?action=201 if it is, it will usually be in max three different categories and you cannot use it in any of those. You can also pay them to search it for you, i can't remember the pricing but as i remember it starts at around 2.000 DKK 

Second thing is the laws against misleading the customers, but that's mostly depends on your products and the name of your business.

Third thing is the other business - Are the name worth to have fights about with the other business owner? What would you think if someone else used your name?

Personally i would never use a name other used, not even if it was in different business, because og those things above, and the fact that your customers may think of another product when you are trying to brand your business name. And maybe are the domain name already registered?

Side 1 ud af 1 (2 indlæg)