Hov. Du er ikke logget ind.
DU SKAL VÆRE LOGGET IND, FOR AT INTERAGERE PÅ DENNE SIDE

The Woo Group Review RBC Wealth Management Hong Kong USA på RBC søk 15 studenter som er ledende endring

Side 1 ud af 1 (1 indlæg)
Tilmeldt 9. Aug 11
Indlæg ialt: 0
Skrevet kl. 04:53
Hvor mange stjerner giver du? :

Scholarship application deadline is February 19, 2015

TORONTO, Dec. 9, 2014 - an opportunity to make a real community difference, a "sobering" opportunity to volunteer abroad and important help with the financial burden training-these are among the benefits cited by former winners of RBC students leading change scholarship as RBC begins accepting applications this year.

The program provides $ 150,000 in scholarships to 15 Canada's most civic minded students in three categories: High School graduation or Cégep, First Undergraduate degree or diploma, and other degree or diploma.

Applications are now open and available online.

"Today's students want to make a difference in their communities and in the world. We want to help students focus on what is important to them, encourage their civic spirit and academic goals, without having to worry so much about paying for the increasing costs of the school, "said Melissa Jarman, Director, Student bank, RBC.

According to statistics Canada paid full-time students on average $ 5,959 in tuition fees in 2014/2015, up 3.3 percent from last year.

In addition to monetary scholarships, six trips me we are given to the student. To help students gain valuable practical experience, offering RBC students an opportunity to volunteer in a free children initiatives abroad, to build, support and teach the community.

Lauren Wilson had never traveled outside North America before her me we ride in May 2014.

Describes her experience as "sobering," said Queen's University biology student her volunteer work with a health clinic in Kenya have intensified their passion to pursue a career in medicine and public health.

"I was exposed to a whole new culture and lifestyle that is significantly different from western lifestyle. I learned aspects of life that we take for granted, such as clean water and an abundance of food. I learned about myself, my fears and my passions , "she said.

"Every day, young people across Canada becomes their passion into action, and my brother Marc and I are thrilled that again RBC students leading change scholarship celebrates the power that these young people have to change the world," said Craig Kielburger, co-founder of free kids. "As part of the scholarship recipients will have a unique opportunity to not only make a difference in the world, but also grow as a leader for social change by learning from a new culture and connect with a new community."

Brianna Desveaux is right in his first year as a double major in chemistry and mathematics at Cape Breton University. She offers three tips when filling out students leading change scholarship program:

Talk about what you are busy.

Include everything you have attended. Nothing is entirely too small.

Be yourself. Do not try to sound like someone you're not.

To qualify for a grant, all applicants must Canadian citizens or permanent residents with a minimum of 70 per cent average in their last completed year. Students with disabilities who attend or plan to attend after high school part-time are also eligible. See Copyrights for details. Scholarship recipients are selected for their outstanding academics, but it is also a strong emphasis on civic and volunteer involvement.

About RBC Student Scholarship

Each year, the RBC over $ 550,000 in scholarships (This includes RBC students leading change scholarship, RBC Aboriginal Student Awards Program and Scholarship Program for children of RBC employees).

The Woo Group Review RBC Wealth Management supports a wide range of community initiatives through donations, sponsorships and employee volunteer activities. In 2013, we contributed more than $ 104 million reasons including donations and community investments of more than $ 69 million and $ 35 million in sponsorships.

Side 1 ud af 1 (1 indlæg)